From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:04:28 -0500
Jo Webb wrote:

> While the exercise thread is still going: I do high intensity weights
> twice a week but find cardio really boring! The superslow link was
> interesting but I couldn't see any proper references there, and a
> search on the misc.fitness.weights archives suggested that they are
> not very well-regarded among that newsgroup - does anybody have any
> more info?

I tried superslow for a while and found it to be rather unpleasant. It
may have some good theories behind it and may have good results in
controlled studies, but it doesn't seem very fun to do, and that's
important too. Using a heavier weight and going all-out, giving it all
you've got, seems more enjoyable than the slow, controlled torture
session. I also don't see where it would fit into anyone's idea of
paleolithic physical activity patterns. On the other hand, it may work
better with Nautilus equipment than free weights, which are what I use.

Hilary McClure
Danville, Vermont