From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 22:37:15 -0700
Don and Rachel Matesz wrote:

> Re: Raw meat; it's not just good for dogs.  It's good for humans
> although getting over the initial fear of it is the biggest hurdle.
> Socially it may be unacceptable, but one can certainly do it at
> home.... and pack raw meat in a lunch box (if you're willing to
> answer the "what's THAT?"  some may query if they see you noshing).

I find that meat keeps very well if refrigerated. I buy ten to fifteen
pounds at a time. This takes me about two to three weeks to eat. I
leave the meat unwrapped on a plate in the refrigerator (never frozen)
and allow it to age. It dries on the outside and develops a red color
on the inside. I cut pieces off and eat until I find my attension
wandering (lose interest) and stop. If I slice the meat it could pass
for left over roast and no one need know unless you tell them.