From:
City Monkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:12:59 -0500
Is anyone able to eat at least 2400-3000 calories per day with a strict
paleo diet? If yes, could you PLEASE type out what you eat for a day. I need
a sample meal plan that I can get ideas from.

It seems like it would be such a simple issue, but I can't for the life of
me find a comfortable high calorie paleo diet. I keep making changes to find
something that works, but now I'm barely able to reach 2,200-2,300 per day.
That's after eating a whole avocado everyday (which gets old fast), plus
tons of steak, tons of fruits, tons of nuts, and a couple veggies. It sucks
too because some days I'm not in the mood for a big steak, and I'd rather
just have some fish.. but I have to eat the steak because fish is way less
calories. Same with veggies, they are too l
ow so I have to eat mostly fruit.

I read how for my height/weight(skinny) and activity level(sedentary), I'd
need 2,200 just to maintain weight, and if I wanted to start becoming more
active and gain weight I'd need at least, 2500-3500. But once I do the math
it seems like this would be IMPOSSIBLE if I didn't have access to
supermarkets. Even with access I can't figure it out, but if I were out in
the jungle right now I have no idea how I'd pull that off. I think I'd be
very very lucky if I was able to get 1500 per day let alone 2500. Plus if I
were in the wild I'd be very active, and would need more. So this just
doesn't make sense!!

So if there are any big healthy people out there that are 100% paleo, please
tell me specifically what you eat each day.

Thanx