From:
Peter Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 23:13:05 -0600
In indian groceries they sell "monkey brand black
tooth powder"  It's charred eggplant skins.  I first bought
it for the novelty of the name, but it's wonderful.

I also have put together a mix of ground cloves, turmeric,
and oddly cayenne pepper (not too much) with baking
soda as filler.  I like the taste of cloves, the turmeric is
antiinflammatory, and the cayenne is soothing to the gums.