From:
Elainie Gagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:19:10 EDT
My HCL increased when I increased my protein levels.
I believe my low HCl was from following a vegan and vegetarian diet for 23
years.

On a typical day here's a sample menu:
On egg (duck, chicken or about 8 quail eggs) poached or very lightly boiled
(almost raw)
hardy greens (mustard, kale, collards , foraged greens etc..) cooked in
homemade brith with garlic (I drink the broth too)

Lunch

Typically a large salad, sauteed wild mushrooms, some sort of
bakes/seared/poached/steamed meat/game fish perhaps with a sauce

Snack- piece of fruit and some almonds or other nut

Dinner- More greens or broccoli along with other vegetables (could be in a
saute, stir fry etc.. and I like to have a colorful variety of vegetables) again
more meat/game/fish cooked in a variety of ways and a tuber or ground
vegetables (squash etc..)

Berries for dessert in season

Elainie