From:
"M.E. Craddock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:15:35 EST
In a message dated 3/18/2001 1:06:40 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Forgive me, but define "medical technology" in context.  For longer than
> the records of Charles' tribe there have been the equivalent of doctors
> who've amassed and passsed on a great deal of medical knowledge, used
> medicines, done surgery...  And if you leave out obvious abberations like
> christian "demons" from Europe, a great deal of it was at least as
> scientific--and probably more objective--as what we currently have, just
> with cruder equipment.

I just had to toss in a tidbit about medical technology....

The iceman that was found in the Austrian/Italian Alps had tattoos on him
that corresponded to acupuncture meridians that are used in treatment of bad
back. He also carried (supposedly) medicinal mushrooms.
The iceman was found to be over 5000 years old and known acupuncture therapy
was thought to have been created a thousand years later than the iceman...who
knows how long they were practicing this medical technology.
I thought this was fascinating...saw it on The Discovery Channel.

Mary C