From:
"Cooley, Brad" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 16:59:52 -0400
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:22:18 -0400, Padraig Hogan
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm not a regular of this list but I'm absolutely SICKENED by some of the stuff
>that's been said here.

Eat a big ole slab of raw meat...you will start to feel better.  ;)

Yes, it does (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_breeding for starters).

>2. You're fat because you eat processed food, not because of fruit.

One is fat because of a defect of fat metabolism related to insulin resistance
and hyperinsulenemia.  Insulin is secreted principally due to rising blood sugar
levels which is usually caused by carbohydrate consumption.  The body does
not care whether the carbohydrate is from a snickers bar or an apple.

Many of the tiny amounts of calories in
>fruit pass straight through as Richard Wrangham has shown recently.

This statement makes absolutely no sense.

>3. I accept that maybe some people really, really can't eat 100% fruit and
>become as light as they want on it.

No one can eat 100% fruit and expect to be healthy or live for very long.