Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:38:40 -0800
I have a neighbor whose child had seizures, she put her on depakote. The
child was better able to focus and read, etc. This was about a year or two
ago. The child is on a SAD diet. I must admit I was tempted to ask the
doctor about depakote for Larry. After all, I wanted him to focus and read
books as hard as this child was reading.....It sounded so good, to have a
child so focussed that they were reading above grade level and comprehending
above grade level...

Last time I talked to her, a few weeks ago, the focussing problems are back
again, even though the child is on a substantial dose of depakote.

So, I am not minimizing Todd's suggestion and appreciate his courage to post
it on the paleo list.

But sometimes, aren't we covering up our kids symptoms and not healing them?
I believe I am covering up Larry's symptoms by giving him (a very small
amount) of garlic. I'm not happy with doing this. I would rather have him
healed.

But when the (un-natural, artificial)  infection is in the
SUB-mucosa......so far I don't know anyone who has healed their child.....

I have had Larry on strict paleo for several years and this intestinal
problem does not go away.

In the UK, they give the children anti-inflammatories and that is the only
treatment they have come up with so far.

I'm hoping these topics are of interest as we are not just talking about
"autism" here, we are addressing ADD and ADHD, which are becoming small
epidemics. Some would say, huge epidemics.