From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2014 08:41:07 -0600
On Feb 23, 2014, at 6:27 AM, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This list started as a support list for people following the Neanderthin diet. Back when this list started in May 1997 that was the only paleo book out there. The author, Ray Audette, has a very simple way of determining if the food is paleo. While we may cook the food, it needs to be edible raw.

Let me take this one step further.  I’ve always thought “edible raw” was not stringent enough — that is unless you better define "edible.”  My shoestrings are edible.  But they’re not healthy to eat.  Edible has to have a component of “causing human flourishing” if it is to be useful in the definition of paleo.

Just my two cents.

Jim