From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:41:21 -0800
Hi Gala,

>I would like to open a discussion regarding nutritional supplements,
>including vitamins, minerals, herbs, concentrated green foods, etc.

I have heard that supplements are merely a scam to get rid of the
biproducts left over from the food industry at a high price. For example a
lot of shells are powdered and used in glucosamine sulphate, vitamin C is
provided by powdered grapefruit skins, soy biproducts are used in vitamin E
and many other supplements. Many supplements also contain cellulose that
comes from the lumber industry. In fact there is a local lumber mill in BC
that was converted from making plywood to making supplements and additives!

I would like to hear more about this interesting topic.

Paleobest,
Susan