From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:33:14 MST
Welcome, Newbie!

>  I'm wondering if buckwheat is considered paleo.
>Strictly speaking buckwheat is an herb rather than a grain, or so I am told,
>and I'm thinking of using it in place of regular flour.

I know squat about buckwheat, but nut flour, aka finely ground nuts, can be
used as a flour substitue in many different recipes.  I have a few tucked
away and I think there are several on the recipe site, which is worth
checking out whether I'm correct on that or not.  If you want to know more,
food stores.

I went from standard low-carb to paleo, myself.  Low-carbing made my
insomnia go away.  I thought, hey, life can't get much better than that, but
giving up dairy upped my energy level even further and now I can get by on
only five or six hours of sleep a night.  I'm sure others would be
interested in what, if any, changes you notice after giving up dairy; keep
us up to date!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO