From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:40:44 -0600
Hi, all.  I'll keep this short as not all tests are in yet.

fasting insulin: 3 (normal)
estrodial: 86 (normal)
TSH: 2.0 (normal)
prolactin: 26 (high)
free T3: low (in the past)
homocystiene: still out
CRP: ditto

Briefly, I had to put up one helluva fight for the last three levels - the
resident had never heard of free T3 and says the lab is not equipped for
such a test (ooooooh-kay) but that the other two were ordered and, gee
golly, they weren't done for some reason.  They'll do one from frozen blood
but the other will take another needle's worth.  Great.

If the numbers above say anything to you, opine all you want.  Meanwhile,
anyone think a one-hour insulin test would be worthwhile?  A free T3 test
costs $145 if I just go get one.  It would take more bitching and
God-only-knows-how-long to get a new test through "the system."  Would it
kill me to stick with two older tests, one low and the other at the lowest
normal figure cited?

FYI, I'm having these tests done to see if there may be some chemical
imbalance that's keeping me from losing any more weight.  I have a call out
to Ron Rosedale on what a good next step might be but I'll taken anything
you've got.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO