From:
Joan Vigushin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:07:02 -0500
Hello, my name is Joan.  I've been on the Paleodiet for 2 months.  I
need a low-carb diet for hyperinsulinemia, but because of allergies to
things like dairy, it ends up being pretty much paleo.
     I would like to know 2 things: 1)Has anybody had problems with their
blood pressure going UP on this diet?  This has happened to me, after 6
weeks of being on the diet. I've recently had a lipid profile done but
haven't gotten the results yet.  I've never had a problem with either blood
pressure or cholesterol. 2) Has anyone had a medically-confirmed
improvement in bone density on this diet? I have bad osteoporosis and am
concerned about the large amounts of protein I'm eating. I know what the
theory says, but I'd like to hear from people's personal experience.
Binnie, I've read your posts and that's great, but I'm in a different
situation, having had several bone density tests and having osteoporosis
before going on the diet.
Thanks, it's really interesting to be on this list and I enjoy getting the
posts.
Joan