From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:47:00 -0700
Dean Ornish was a college housemate ( Thelam Co-Op) of mine at UT Austin.  The
semester after I left ( to a garage apartment on a golf course where I could
course my Saluki on Jack Rabbits ) he converted the whole house to
vegetarianism.

One evening at about 3 AM, I was in the kitchen about to butcher a gerbil to
feed a rescued Screech Owl ( I was the graveyard shift animal ambulance driver
for the Austin Humane Society) when through the kitchen door came Dean - just in
time to witness me decapitate the beast with a single blow of a meat cleaver.

The memory of his 'I just shite myself' look still brings a smile to me after 37
years.  I thought it very ironic, but not surprising, that he appeared against
me during my CBS News 48 Hours appearance.

Ray Audette

From: Don Wiss [log in to unmask]

They called it the HuffPost Health. Problem is the medical editor is Dean
Ornish. How about a biased viewpoint! See: