From:
Scott Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:10:38 -0700
I sent Loren Cordain an email about this article in
The Times on the fast/feast schedule.  Here is his
reply, just in case any of you are interested:

Hi Scott,

Increasingly, I am of the opinion that intermittent
fasting (ala our hunter gatherer background) is the
meal pattern that we are genetically adapted and which
provides us optimal health advantages.  Skipping
breakfast and lunch is a difficult proposition for all
of us accustomed to the 3 per day meal pattern +
snacking, however there is increasing evidence via
empirical studies that this eating pattern may have
benefits compared to the American norm.   Clearly
ancestral hominins didnt sit down to 3 course meals 3
times a day, but rather ate following kill, capture or
gather which likely did not occur 3 times per day but
intermittently --  when there were frequently long
periods of fasting -- a good thing as we unravel the
science behind this phenomenon.

Best wishes,

Loren Cordain, Ph.D.