From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 06:53:11 +0900
On Saturday, February 22, 2003, at 07:30  AM, Fredrik Murman wrote:
 > Paleo people started to eat grains and now the whole world does it. If
 > their instinct failed them why are we trusting them? Maybe there was
 > nothing wrong with their instinct and grains aren't bad to most of the
 > mankind?

Paleo people had a hard choice to make, and made the best one they
could find. They had killed off and eaten most of their prefered food,
the big fatty animals, and were facing starvation. This process was
occurring all over the world at about the same time, as a result of the
gradual slow increase in human population. So we see that at almost the
same time in many places agriculture began. This was not instinct, it
was desperation, as can be seen in the sharp fall in health since the
agricultural revolution.

I suppose people had always eaten some small amount of grains, in
season, other wise how would they have suddenly gotten the idea of
growing it? The difference, and the difference for health was the
amount and frequency. So I believe small amounts of seeds, even grains
like wheat, are as paleo as meat or fruit. Most of us have overeaten
grains so long that we have built up problems, and I at least should
completely eliminate grains from my diet. Young people who are still
very healthy could probably safely eat some small amount of grains,
call their diet paleo, and never have any trouble.