From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:18:07 MDT
>On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:06:55 -0700, Mary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >My son has a constipation problem on low carb.
>
>Three things to try:
>
>- More water (minimum of 64 ounces per day)
>- More fat/oil
>- Magnesium supplements
>
>PS  Most people in the first few months of low carb are deficient in
>potassium -
>switching to "Lite Salt" which is 50% potassium, usually solves that.

Mary,

I'm embarassed to admit I don't remember anything about psyllium.

Ken,

Great info, both on constipation and a potassium source.  My friend Elsa
says she's gotten into ketosis again but feels tired, maybe she needs to up
her carbs.  This, unfortunately, makes weight loss very tough for her
(extreme insulin resistance).  My suspicion is low potassium but I couldn't
remember a good source.  Thanks for that reminder.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO