From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 21:39:30 -0700
> >   Anyone got any eggplant suggestions?

 I LOVE  eggplant.  I grow it my back yard so I am loaded with recipes.
Here is my favorite.

Slice whole eggplant into this slices, length or width wise, doesn't
really matter.  Place on paper towel to drain a bit.  Changes texture
into more of a meaty type.  Sprinkling salt on slices will speed up the
process.

Make a layer of eggplant in baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, oregano,
fennel, garlic, freshly picked tomato slices and onions.  Keep layering
until all eggplant is used.  Cover with foil, bake at 300* for about an
hour.

Remove and enjoy the wonderful dish!  Even my kids like this one,
although they prefer with Parmesan cheese.

Here is another one.......  Slice eggplant into thin slices width wise.
Dip in beaten egg with dash of salt,  garlic and curry. Dredge in any
flour replacement such as almond flour.  Fry in olive oil over med/high
heat until brown, about 2 minutes, flip and fry until golden brown,.
Sever quickly, they tend to get mushy after sitting around.

Trish