From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 15:30:06 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/03 1:21:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Reducing carb availability (and carb burning precesses) are the main
> thing which would do that, I think. Not adding more fat.

That's what I thought -- but after being frusterated by a long fat loss
stall, I decided to add 3 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil per day (1 per
meal)  and started losing weight by the second week.  Rather than just adding
extra calories from this highly saturated fat to my diet, I simultaneously
stopped eating approximately the same amount of calories from nuts. In other
words, I replaced vegetable fats except for olive oil -- which I still use.
I've also found that my workouts and endurance have greatly improved.  I know
that coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids rather than the long chain
fatty acids found in the saturated fat of meats, dairy, etc.  Perhaps this
would account for the positive results I have experienced since adding it to
my diet.  Thoughts?