From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:39:35 +0900
Dear Robert and Erik,

Thank you for sending me the links and the fairly comprehensive common sense
about paleo.

Well I had gone through the entire Paleo homepage, but that was exactly what
I felt was missing--a list.  You know, I want it nice and crear with
hundreds and hundreds of all kinds of foods and herbs etc. in lists labeled
"yes," "no," and "maybe" (and of course the dates of introduction of the
maybe's and other relavent information would be nice.

Now you gotta admit it wouldn't be bad to have a list up like that.  I am
still trying to access the Neanderthin site.  Seems they are down this
evening.

In part this stems from  my life in Japan where I go to the store and I
really sometimes just dont even know what it is I am looking at!  And though
recipes are helpful, I find many of them use the same ingredients over and
over, and it is difficult to wade through them to find out, for example, if
kaiwara leaves are paleo.

So your naked with stick thing works there.  Yes, kaiwara must be paleo!

I have been paying attention to the arguments about cooking and fish in
particular after reading through Ward's interview and Tamir Katz's page.  I
just want fish to be so paleo.  Otherwise I am really stuck here. I want to
have a very fish-heavy diet, because it is tasty and fresh and abundant
here.  I just can't stop goin to that fish market every day.  And it is much
harder to get land meats here than in the US.  I can eat raw horse or fish
or chicken or beef and pork, and swallow.  That is it.  No rabbit.  No
snake.  No buffalo, lamb, turkey, shall I go on.

My guess on fire is that for the most part people ate the catch raw on the
same day, for maybe a few days, then cooked it after 3 days or longer
depending on climate.  That's how its done here with fish anyways and it
would make sense, tho palo man may have gone longer before cooking.

So thank you again for your help.  Maybe I will put together a nice little
(highly disputable) table with three columns like that someday after I have
some experience to base it on.

Judith