From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 04:42:28 -0500
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:58: Jose Carlos wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Thanks you all for all the posts with responses concerning my two
>consecutive messages. In particular I want to say a word or two to:
<snip>

>b) Keith Thomas - Pardon me for my ignorance, but precisely what are cold
>meats? I thought of ham and similar meats, but then I don't think it can
>be. These overprocessed meats hardly can be called food, let alone paleo.
>What do you mean? Raw or cooked meats that are sliced and served cold or
>rather at room temperature?

I meant cold meat, not cold meatS.  That is, meat cooked one day and eaten when it has cooled
down. I dice it into <1cm cubes (well, roughly) and pack it in a small container with freshly
cracked nuts. I gobble it down as finger food, just pouring it out into may hand as I work on the
computer screen. In my case the meat is usually kangaroo, but it might be wild rabbit my son has
shot, my own chicken, hard-boiled eggs, fish, beef, goat or hogget. I don't eat ham, sausages or
any processed meat. Occasionally (say once every three months) I add bacon to a stew.

Sorry to go on a bit - just wanted to make it as clear as I could.

Keith