From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:29:02 -0400

I'm not aware of Ray Audette recommending to "trim the fat" off of meat (can
you give us a page number so we can look it up?), but he did recommend "lean
meats" on p. 81 of the 1999 edition of NeanderThin. I'm guessing that the
publisher may have required that, given my own experience with a publisher,
and that of Boyd Eaton.

From Neanderthin:

p. 81 Your primary sources of fat should be olive oil, avocados, lean meats,
seafood (especially fatty fish), MUFA-rich nuts..., walnuts, Brazil nuts,
omega-3-enriched eggs, and flaxseed oil."

[But contrast that with:]

p. 68: "Fat Is Good For You: The fat found in red meat is also an important
component in the human diet."

[...and with this:]

From The Caveman Diet, CBS News, DALLAS, July 13, 2000:

"For the last 15 years, Audette, who lives in Dallas, has put away a pound
of bacon for his breakfast every morning."

[My note: bacon is hardly one of the "lean meats."]

Good health,
Paleo Phil