From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 18:20:30 -0400
Gregg Carter  wrote:

>remember that the Japanese have one of the most enviable set of statistics
>on healthfulness and longevity (e.g., Japanese women have a life
>expectancy of 82.3 years) and rice served with vegetables and soy products
>is at the heart of their diet.

Plus many other differences, e.g. fish. And less gluten and dairy. There
are so many variables that selecting out two is something done by people
that want to promote such foods. Have you been reading the soy producer's
web site?

The Okinawans are considered Japanese, but live longer than those on the
mainland. I posted an article on this back on 4/26/98. See:

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A1=ind9804&L=paleofood#102

Don.