From:
Jeff Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 18:51:40 -0500
On Apr 2, 2007, at 2:33 PM, PALEOFOOD automatic digest system wrote:

> Date:    Mon, 2 Apr 2007 07:53:48 -0700
> From:    [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: weight loss plateau
>

> K > Getting the calories up is what scares me especially after the
> mega splurge I had this weekend.
>
> I'd be very surprised if you could consume even weight maintenance
> calories on a zero carb, moderate protein, high fat diet.  I
> certainly couldn't and the weight fell off of me starting about day
> five.  As others pointed out, you'd HAVE to learn to get your
> calories from fat and thereby level off.  But in three weeks I didn't.
>
> Jim

As someone who is hoping to lost fat through Paleo (I'm in my first
uninterrupted week), I'm curious about fat intake.  I have seen the
argument made on many forums that decreasing carb consumption and
increasing fat consumption "trains" your body to get its energy from
fat.  Does anyone have a source for this statement?

Also, assuming that is true, would I not then need to cut back on the
fat consumption level (even within the Paleo bounds) in order to
convince my body to start burning its own reserves?  Said another
way, if I am fully meeting my energy requirements through diet alone,
regardless of the quality of that diet, then why would my body have
any reason to burn fat?  Are there any special guidelines for us
cavemen whose goal is fat loss?

Thanks