From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:07:58 -0500
This is great!  As someone who has quit smoking (about 7 years ago), I know
exactly how difficult this is.  I am very intrigued by your description of
it being easier than expected.  I personally found it to be the most
difficult thing I ever did in my life. You really think that eating right
helped?  Did you ever try to quit before you changed your diet?  I'm really
curious about this.

Take care and congratulations,
John Pavao

        my next goal is to quit smoking.  i've been totally paleo, except
for sucking in a pack of menthol cigarettes a day (most decidely UN-paleo).
so last week, i quit.  this was remarkably easier than i had expected, i'm
sure being off carbs helps cut the cravings.  so far, i am still holding my
weight steady (after recovering from last week's Onion Soup Incident).
 it's
been 5 days without a smoke, and it's not too bad.

JoAnn.