From:
Mike MacLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:11:45 -0700
Ken Stuart wrote:

>PS  One nice thing about "Neanderthin" is that the word did not exist
>before Ray
>invented it - so any Search goes right to the book ! :-)

The impression I get from reading it - and from the title - is that
Ray
wanted to write a general book about Paleo nutrition, and the
publisher
ragged on him to make it into a diet book, because "that's what
sells". Not
to take anything away from it; it's excellent in many ways, but I know
how
venal and intransigent publishers can be. Was Neanderthin his coinage
or
the marketing staff's?  He sounds too serious for such terms. Again,
no
criticism implied; I like serious.

Mike