From:
A Gryphon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:15:23 -0400
I went to the USDA website to try to look up the claim about the grade of
beef used in fast food. (I have also heard some nasty things about the
quality of meats used by {fill in name of litigious burger chain} but this
was from beef ranchers.)

I don't have time to go through the whole site now, but I just thought I'd
share something I found here: http://www.ams.usda.gov:80/lsg/mgc/history.htm

<<About Meat Grading

Since 1923, the Meat Grading and Certification Branch has served the
livestock and meat industry.....>>

Nice to know they're up front about this.

Irene