From:
Jane Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:27:45 -0700
Hi, Jean-Claude!

I am so sad to read your account of having Addison's.  I have non-Addison's
hypoadrenia and a slow thyroid, so I have a faint idea of what you are
going through.  Have you ever done a Google search for thyroid and
cortisol?  There is an interesting site at:

        www.thyroid-info.com

Also, I have a book that might have info helpful to you:  Adrenal Fatigue,
by James L. Wilson, ND, DC, PhD.  It won't "cure" your Addison's, but he
has sound suggestions that will support your adrenals to do what they can,
and also to support the integrity of your whole body.  I have heard him
speak, and he does seem to know his subject.  Adrenals are his speciality.

If I may be cheeky enough to say so, it sounds as though either your doctor
isn't well informed about Addison's, or you are not utilizing his/her
knowledge.  This book will help you fill in the gaps and start to help
yourself.  Addison's, however, is not a do-it-yourself project.  You need
physician ordered tests, etc. that you cannot get on your own.  You can
probably do the saliva tests without a Rx, and they are more accurate than
the blood tests.  The book explains it all.

Hope this helps.

Jane
I am not a doctor, and I do not portray one on TV