From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:31:10 -0800
Hi Ray,

Changing the flow of the current discussion on evolution v. creationism, I just saw a movie called "The Gray" with Liam Neeson.  A group of rejects working on the Alaska pipeline get on a plane to Anchorage, and it crashes.  The handful of unlucky survivors wind up in the deep snow surrounded by broken fuselage and dead bodies.  This attracts some nasty computer enhanced wolves.  One by one each guy meets his gory demise by antagonizing the alpha male of the wolf pack by either  urinating in the wrong spot, or throwing the head of a killed wolf back into the den, or straggling too far behind the human pack and getting picked off from behind.  The Liam Neeson character says that wolves are the only animal that seek revenge.  And within seconds of uttering this line, the guy who pissed off the Omega male wolf by throwing the dead wolf's head at him gets attacked.  So, do wolves behave with vengence?  Or is this Hollywood personalizing animals
 with human qualities?  Oh, and Geoff would love this part:  even the guys who pray for G-d's mercy  get killed in the end  LOL.  I won't give away the entire plot.

Thank you,
Batsheva

Without  religion, we would be extinct!  Only those who had totemic religion were among the 1.000 humans who survived the "population bottleneck" of 70,000 years ago - rendering all Humans 11th cousins.  This is the topic of my next book "Neanderthal Neoteny: How Wolves Domesticated Mankind"