From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 09:55:20 -0700
Hi Moira and all,

>I ate a tablespoon or so of the organic coconut oil and it made me feel
>sick. Has anyone else tried it? Do you try things before giving them to your
>child?

Adelle Davis has a great chapter about Vitamine E called Needed By Every
Cell in her 1970 book, Let's Eat Right To Keep Fit. She says that refined
flours and oils have all the vitamin E refined out so in order to digest
these products, vitamin E must be leeched from our bodies. That is why most
of North America is sick. Vitamin E deficiency causes premature birth,
severe brain, lung, heart, kidney damage, anemia, enlarged prostate,
sterility, early onset of old age, muscular dystrophy, etc...
Vitamin E has one function: to prevent unsaturated fatty acids and fat-like
substances from being destroyed in the body by oxygen. When it IS
destroyed, brown ceroid pigment remains and is found in the uterus, lymph
nodes, spleen, liver, kidneys brain, muscles, body fat, walls of blood
vessels and the sex, adrenal and pituitary glands.  The amount of pigment
in blood clots is said to prevent enzymes from dissolving the clot readily,
a problem in varicose veins, phlebitis, strokes and heart attacks.
Ms. Davis says the best oil source is lard. She discusses and promotes a
diet containing meats, especially organ meats, eggs, etc.
With this in mind, I bought some more suet and lard.
I have eaten a lot of pemmican made with coconut butter and it made me feel
a little whoozy and gassy. I would like to know more about coconut butter too.

>Also, does fruit bother anyone?
I thought I was going to die after eating a number of dried apricots!

Paleo wishes,
Susan (who wishes she could paleobabysit but is too far from SF)