From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:29:06 -0400
Hi Susan

Hypothyroid is very rare in cats - they do show HYPERthyroid quite often.? I have never seen any studies relating iodine in the diet to cat thyroid problems, but there is a lot of conjecture that something in the diet leads to hyperthyroid problems.? You will know if hyper is a problem with symptoms the opposite of what you have seen (very active and vocal, losing weight).

Holly