From:
Julie Jarvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:13:55 -0800
Glad to see all you Paleo food subscribers also think Dr.
Bernarr is a little off.

> Also, to Dr Zovluck, I've visited your web page, and your ideas about
> nutrition seem quite at odds with what goes on on this list. In particular,
> you state humans are fructarian and that any non-vegetarian foods should be
> avoided. Since most of us here are eating based on the premise that humans
> *aren't* by nature or anatomy fructarians, and that meat is a healthy and
> appropriate food for our systems, this seems like an odd place for you to
> hang out. It's your business if you choose to do so, but if you're going to
> advertise your services here, couldn't you elaborate for everyone what are
> your views on eating meat, or on the Paleolithic ideas that are talked
> about here? If you're going to continue to give professional advice here,
> clarifying your views might allow everyone to put that advice in perspective.

Dr. Bernarr:  What type of professional are you?

> Yes, not to mention that he sends private e-mail as well, even after I specifically
> (and eventually very rudely) requested that he stop. It appears to be a common
> practice for some to find on the net what they perceive as sufferers and peddle their
> products/services disquised as help/advice.
>
> Ilya

I've received some private emails from him also with lots of
"advice" and none of it paleo.

> From:    Dr Bernarr Zovluck
> >Subject: Re: Gallbladder removal
> >
> >There is never a need for surgery.  There is a need for all of the
> internal
> >organs.
>
> Not true.  Are you suggesting there is never a need for traditional
> western medicine?  While natural healing type stuff has its place western
> medecine definitely does as well.
>
> >The body wants to survive and therefore will always do what it needs to
> in
> >order to function optimally.
>
> Always?  Why do we get sick, die, etc. ?  Imbalance of nutrients, neglect
> of natural ways?  Only to a certain point, obviously, then we will get
> sick and/or die eventually anyway.

Dr. Bernarr: would you refuse an emergency & life saving
heart bypass operation?  How about a c-section that saves
the lives of mother and baby?  How about cutting out that
melanoma before it metatasizes?  Hope you never have any
serious health problems that can be helped by medication
and/or surgery.  Maybe you should really take up a paleodiet
to prevent some of the diseases that your WOE (which I doubt
is truly a paleodiet) would tend to produce.  As for my
personal gall bladder surgery which you told me was not
neccessary-- watch the video of the laparascopic procedure
and you'd see that my gall bladder was so scarred and
adhered that it was totally non- functioning.  It needed to
come out.  I feel great now, and can eat without being
nauseous afterward or having burning pain after eating
almost anything.  Please keep your advice to yourself.

Other paleo diet subscribers:  It's worth checking out Dr.
Bernarr's site for some laughs.  Check out what he says
about sex.  The discussion on ejaculation vs "INjaculation"
is quite enlightening.  This guy is a few fries short of a
Happy Meal.

Sorry if this is considered Flaming, but he's hit a raw
nerve with me.  I don't like anyone that tries to steer
people actually needing medical attention away from getting
help-- I was especially appalled at the post he sent about a
young juvenile diabetic that "took herself" off insulin--
Juvenile (Type 1) diabetics will not survive without insulin
for long.  I bet that poor girl is probably in some hospital
now in Diabetic Ketoacidosis if she really is not taking her
insulin.

Dr. Bernarr-- if you read this, please don't try to give
medical advice.  You are not a medical doctor.

Sorry if I've offended anyone else with this topic-- I'm
done venting about it.

Julie