From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:37:16 -0500
Todd Moody quotes Ron Rosedale > "I have been asked to summarize in a single sentence what would best promote health. It is this: Health and lifespan is determined by the proportion of fat versus sugar people burn throughout their lifetime. The more fat that one burns as fuel, the healthier the person will be, and the more likely they will live a long time. The more sugar a person burns, the more disease ridden and the shorter a lifespan a person is likely to have."

I like that quote too.  It is important to remember that to Rosedale "sugar" includes excess protein -- more than 60-100 grams a day -- since excess protein is converted to glucose.  So low to zero carb, moderate protein, unlimited quality fats is his prescription.  He likes moderation in sat fat intake and mono- and polyunsaturated fats out the wazoo.