Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:57:40 +0100
I've been away since just before Christmas when my computer crashed. I couldn't afford to get it fixed until now. I've really missed reading the posts, but doubt that I'll be able to catch up with everything in the archives, so please forgive me if this message repeats anything that has been discussed before.

Over the last seven months, I've slipped from paleo-eating several times, but the resultant effects on my body and mood have sent me right back on the path.

Scott Bonner mentioned that his depression and anxiety had disappeared on the paleodiet. I have a particular interest in the effects of food on mood, not least because I have suffered from seasonal depression for many years.

I have found that gluten-containing foods, and to a lesser extent, dairy products have not only a profoundly negative effect on my body, but also on my mind. They make me feel depressed, anxious, sociophobic and achingly tired. All I want to do is sleep. My concentration goes, I 'lose my words' and my creativity disappears.

Once back on a paleodiet, these symptoms rapidly disappear. It's little short of miraculous.

I would be grateful if anyone else on this list who has discovered that paleo-eating affects their mood  could describe their experiences (on or off list). I would be fascinated to learn more about this aspect of the paleodiet.

Cheers,

Persephone