From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:38:33 -0500
On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:21:52 -0500, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We seem to be
>able to accept that these rather unimposing primates had the
>ingenuity to hunt, kill, and butcher animals, using simple stone
>tools.  Why is it so difficult to imagine that they also had the
>ingenuity to exploit the grasses themselves, by gathering,
>soaking, and/or parching grains?

I don't think homo erectus on were that unimposing. It is not
difficult to imagine and perhaps they could have done it. But
maybe they just liked eating meat and the effort to aquire meat
was not so difficult they had to exploit grasses for the base of their
diet. After all,
they didn't have a Dean Ornish around telling them otherwise.

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com