From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:04:20 -0700
On Wednesday, Oct 8, 2003, at 14:34 US/Pacific, Jim Swayze wrote:

> 1) I don't want to take the drugs.  Anybody disagree?
>
> 2) Could the slight cardiomyopathy be a result of my twice a week high
> intensity weight training?  So rather than being indicative of a
> problem,
> could it actually be a GOOD thing?
>
> He did mention that it might be slightly overized since I used to be a
> competitive runner, but that was 18 years ago now.
>
> Thoughts?

Yep; I think you're right and he's wrong. I think it was the running
that did it. I used to be a bike racer, and have the same thing: really
low resting pulse, and a tendency towards arrythmias and moments of low
BP. I train with weights, too, but I don't think you are likely to get
anaerobic to enough of an extent to have a training effect on your
heart from that.

Stick to your guns! Make them prove there is a functional problem other
than size, if your'e worried. Doctors seem compelled to diagnose with
something or other, just to earn their keep. The drugs are death on the
way; don't start with that.

ginny