From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:23:42 -0600
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:09:56 -0600, =?windows-1252?Q?Philip?=
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> If some people are convinced that Paleolithic people
> did eat grains and that they are therefore healthy, the thing to do would
> be to eat minimally processed grain seeds, not make them into bread. I
> don't know a single person who recommends grains and only eats them in
> seed form. The limits of Paleolithic technology might allow for
> pounding/grinding the seeds, soaking them, and/or roasting them and then
> eating them as plain seeds or as a gruel with water or eggs. Stone Agers
> didn't make bread loafs or pita or focacia.

Actually, if you pound/grind the seeds, add water, and let it sit for a
few days, you will wind up with a sourdough starter.  Put it on a slab
next to a campfire and you'll have bread.  I suspect both bread and
alcohol (which are both products of yeast fermentation) were discovered by
accident in much the same way.

--
   Robert Kesterson