From:
kelly baggett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:11:42 +0000
This made me think of that crazy fad diet a few years back
known as the grapefruit diet.  Some swore by it and some got
real sick as I remember.  Anyway, maybe grapefruit has some
kind of special action we're overlooking?  Grapefruit seed
extract is said to help with yeast.....anybody got any facts
to share?
--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee

Grapefruit contains a substance (naringin I believe) that prolongs and
intensifies the action of some other drugs.  Caffeine is one of the
substances that it does this with.  The grapefruit + coffee diet would
oftentimes leave a person wired and without hunger for a good portion of the
day so many people did lose weight by following the protocol.

-Kelly