From:
City Monkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:31:27 -0500
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:59:19 +0900, Thomas Bridgeland
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I wonder if you don't have the cart before the horse? If you are
>naturally slim, and sedentary, it will be very hard for you to eat
>enough food to gain weight. Try increasing your activity first, and see
>if your appetite does not increase after a while. At least that is the
>way it is for me. I am slim naturally too, never gain or lose much
>weight no matter how much I eat or exercise. But when I am training
>hard my appetite rises to compensate.

Yes, that is smart thinking. I will increase my activity level, but the
problem isn't just not having an apetite. Even if I had one, I wouldn't be
able to find enough food to fill it. That's why I was hoping that someone
who is successfuly eating over 2,500 calories per day would list what they
eat and how much of it.

For instance, if I eat:

660 - 10 oz of fried steak per day (that's like over a pound when it's raw)
480 - 4 cups of juice
523 - 2oz almonds + 1oz pecans
400 - 4 bananas
 65 - a couple servings of veggies
150 - other misc fruits

That's a total of 2,278 calories. That's not enough to support any activity.

People seem to think I eat way too much meat as it is, so I'm not sure how
much more I could add. I eat a ton of fruit, and I don't know how safe it is
to eat anymore bananas than around 4. I can eat so many nuts because I blend
the almonds until they become like a milk and mix in fruit. But I shouldn't
eat anymore nuts and really should cut down on what I am eating.

I thought things like tubers, and butter were non-paleo. I don't consume any
products really, just the juices. The rest is all fresh. That's another
problem in that it all rots real fast, so I have to shop often.

So as you can see it takes a lot of effort just to find enough food to fill
2,300 calories. Things like fat, and olive oil would help add a boost, but
is it okay to eat a lot of fat and oil every day on top of all that fried steak?

There was a time when I was eating a ton of brazil nuts since they are so
high-cal. Then one day I read that they are unbelievably high in selenium
and that with the amounts I was eating I was SERIOUSLY overdosing on it. So
ever since then I've been uneasy about overeating any one thing.

I don't know, I'm just confused and as much as I appreciate people giving
individual ideas like eating yams or whatever, I think the only way I'll
figure this out is to see someone elses menu. I need to see what you eat
everyday. I have no peers that eat like me, so I can't compare my plate to
anyone elses. That makes it very easy to become lost and not know if you're
eating the way you should be.

If no one can offer a list of what they are eating to reach a good amount of
caloric intake, then I'll have to find a dietician. But I've been afraid
that if I seek one they will tell me I'm insane and need to be eating grains
and dairy.

Thanks everyone