From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:27:12 +0200
> For instance, lactose intolerance is lowest in the U.s., where nearly 100%
> if milk is pasteurized. It is highest in third-world countries where raw
> milk would be more common. According to the gentleman I was arguing with
> it
> should have been the opposite, since he claimed lactose intolerance to
> milk
> was caused by pasteurization destroying the naturally occurring lactase in
> the milk.

Surely this does not apply to all places of the world. Scandinavians have
low lactose intolerans and all milk here is pasteurized since at least two
human generations back. Before that a lot of milk was not pasteurized and
the amount of lactose intolerans was the same.

We are big milk drinkers and big hard cheese eaters. And we have a lot of
osteoporosis.
Eva