Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 12:03:24 -0400
<<> One of main bleatings of the vegetarian crowd is that humans can only
handle
> 3-5 ounces of meat at one time. I have never seen any research that
supports
> that statement.  I only get "everyone knows that's true," whenever I ask
> anyone about that statement.
> Does anyone have any info on that subject.>>

For me, this is basically true.  I really feel crappy when I eat more than
this.  I do eat grass-fed, "clean" meat.  I always feel like there is a rock
in my stomach after eating meat.  {sigh} I only eat meat for the protein.  I
actually feel much better on a low carb veggie diet (soy protein feels
'dirty' to me).

I've reached the conclusion that 'instincto' is the only way as we each have
varying requirements in order to feel and be healthy.

Siobhan