From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:26:46 -0500
From: Amadeus Schmidt
> Turkey isn't a very northern latitude.

Exactly my point.  Northern climate conditions extended far south
during ice
ages. What we now consider northern regions were covered in ice and
thus
uninhabitable to man or beast.  Much of the land of Asia, Europe and
Africa
(now considered temperate) was subject to permafrost which inhibited
the
growth of trees and resulted in steppe-tundra.  Those areas now
considered
simi-tropical were temperate dry grasslands and forests.  Tropical
areas
were much smaller and drier than they are today and resulted in
pressure for
hominids to move into the more productive temperate regions to become
Homos.

This is the world that we were born into.  It was far different than
the
world today.  Many of the remnants of the Pleistoce megafauna (
horses,
camels, cows, pigs, etc.) have only been able to survive in this
modern
 post flood) world because of domestication ( the Covenant of the Ark)
and
depend on our eating them for their continued survival.  Don't make
them a
victim of your "enlightenment".  Likewise don't deny Neanderthals
their
place as our ancestors based on racial profiling  ( Hitler would have
loved
DNA testing).  Who cares when the Jews separated from the Aryians - we
are
all still humans.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"