From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:41:19 -0700
Since there seem to be a lot more newbies on this list, I thought I'd
briefly share my sucess.

I lost 30 lbs from 197 to 167 over the past year eating paleo. I eat no
sweets, processed foods, grains, beans, or dairy. I found even butter
caused me allergies and problems. I used to take allergy medication for
asthma and nasal allergies, and now I am med free, something I thought
would never happen (I had severe asthma.) I have never felt better. I
eat a lot of red meat, fish, poultry and non starchy veggies, with about
1 serving of fruit most days. I do supplement quite a bit, and I try to
eat mostly grass fed meat and wild fish and free range poultry. I avoid
char broiling meat because I think this is unhealthy, although I pan
fry, bake, saute, broil and braise. (I love cooking and love food.) I
eat bacon and sausage, but only the no-nitrite no-additives type. I eat
lots of eggs. I cook with olive and coconut oil, and eat lots of
almonds, pecans, and walnuts, probably 3/4 cup per day or so.

 People ask, "what about your cholesterol?" I haven't had it checked. I
don't believe in cholesterol/causality theories of coronary heart
disease, so why bother? I know that my triglycerides must be way down,
I've checked my blood pressure and it is about 120/78 or so, which is
fine by me.

I have friends and family with lots of health problems. You can't make
people do something, and I know that this WOE would help them
tremendously. My father is on this WOE and is much healthier than he's
been in years and years, and my brother is on it and doing just great. I
believe that paleo eating, modified for your individual case to elminate
food intolerances, is a miracle treatment for what ails us.

--Richard (Tarzana)