From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:03:36 -0800
Dori Zook wrote:

> > So I've been taking my temp first thing in the morning for 13 days
> now.  The
> > temperature range is 96-97.1 with an average of 96.9; is this on
> the low
> > side?  Twice now I've taken my temp in the evening, once while
> making my bed
> > and the other while folding laundry, both times wearing sweats
> with the
> > heater humming along; I hit a whopping 97.8 one time, 97.6 the
> other.  It's
> > like I'm air conditioned.  My semi-educated guess is that this
> could
> > indicate a slow thyroid.  Any confirmation of that?  I'm not sure
> where to
> > look up the 'normal' range.

Dori, I am hyperthyroid and my body temp on average is 99.7  I am being
treated for Graves Disease, taking beta-blockers, PTU ( a thyroid
blocker) and in a few months I will be treated with radio active iodine.
I have noticed after 3 weeks of PTU my body temp is coming back down to
normal. A low body temp is usually a good indicator of low thyroid.  You
may be tested for  hypothyroid, however the blood tests are not that
reliable.  They may show in normal range for years and years and many
Dr.s' wont treat you even though you are showing many symptoms of low
thyroid.  Believe me, after 7 years of suffering threw thyroid problems,
I know just about everything there is to know about the thyroid.  If you
are concerned, the best bet is to do your own research and find a good
homeopathic Dr. and an Endocrinologist that is willing to work with the
homeopathic Dr.
Trish