From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:41:06 -0600
D'Adamo's approach to avoiding lectins specifies that some lectins affect
some blood types and not others. A lectin that might cause a problem for
type A might not be a problem for type O or B. He tests lectins derived from
various foods against blood types in a laboratory setting to determine the
foods that are problematic or benign for each type.

His theory assumes that the evolution of different blood types is a
significant enough development that certain foods that were inedible to the
oldest blood type (O) became edible to those persons of the newer blood
types (A, B, and AB). This would apply to soy. I.e., since soy lectins don't
cause agglutination of type A blood, type A persons stand to benefit from
the nutrient content of soy without having to worry about soy lectins.

I don't  have enough knowledge about biochemistry to debate the science
supporting ER4YT. Thus, it is useless for me to speculate on the value of
D'Adamo's work. It is an intriguing theory though.

Troy G.