From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:32:14 -0700
From: "Adrienne Smith" <[log in to unmask]>

> I wonder if increase in breast cancer rates correlates with the massive
> screening done in certain countries, especially the US.  Do other
> countries have
> lower rates or are the cancers undetected or do they not include the
> pre-cancers
> that are often counted as cancers in the US??

I sure wish I could locate the research that I am basing my statement on.  I
only remember that the researchers felt that pasteurization of milk had
something to do with the rise in breast cancer.  Sorry.

>> I'm not sure about clean unprocessed dairy not being paleo and I know
>> this
>> has been discussed here many times but you have a point about the growth
>> hormones.

Well, it sure sounds Neolithic to me.

> It seems logical that cow's milk is for baby cows.  But why is it then
> that
> only bovine IGF-1 is identical in structure to human IGF-1?

Yes, it is weird and unfortunate.  I am probably not the only one who knows
women who drink three or four glasses of low-fat or nonfat milk daily in
order to "get enough calcium."  I have to bite my tongue when I'm in a
restaurant....

Kath