From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 18:50:26 -1000
Ben:
>So, those of you who need a treat and a bit of variety, I'm sorry but I
>don't think coconut is paleo. Try prunes.

Prunes?!? A stone fruit which is dried and usually sulfered or at least
potassium sorbanated? Sheesh.

Cocos (and bananas) are the universal food of the tropics. Very little
artificial selection has occurred (try to find a wild plum commercially
available as a prune). The favored way of eating them is in the "green" or
"baby" stage when the flesh is pudding consistency. I read somewhere that
in WWII they used coco water as an IV when they ran out of prepared
solutions, with success--try that with prunes.

Luckily, the cocos don't consider _you_ paleo, so all is even. ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft