From:
Esben Brun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:29:49 +0100
Hi

There are lots of very fine online-tea shops in USA  -  supermarkets
normally dont have good tea!
Of course you must be willing to pay more  -  but still  pr.cup  tea is very
cheap (even the most luxuriuos teas) .
Tea looses its flavour relatively quickly  -  so dont buy more than you use
in a couple of months (and store it in an airtight container)

VERY IMPORTANT :   dont use boiling hot water for green tea  - use 170 -
180°F  !

Some good shops :  (many others exist)
www.imperialtea.com
www.rishitea.com
www.shanshuteas.com
http://www.truetea.com/

>Do you have any more
> exotic favorite types or brands?

Sure -  almost too many to mention one in particular  :-)

"Dragonwell"  is a good green - this is the one I "nibble":
http://www.imperialtea.com/ImperialTea/showdetl.cfm?&DID=6&User_ID=73142&st=
4305&st2=47455419&st3=40100935&Product_ID=915&CATID=19
http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/dragonwell.html

If you like green  floral/aromatized tea  - try Jasmin pearls  -  most
people likes this tea - even ones who normally dont like green tea.
http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/jasminepearls.html
http://www.imperialtea.com/ImperialTea/showdetl.cfm?&DID=6&Product_ID=247&CA
TID=19

Darjeeling teas are in a class of their own -  although classified as
"black" tea  - it resembles green tea, but is wonderfully fruity aromatic .
Darjeeling  tea is about as fancy as it gets  - a bit snobbish in fact  -
prices reflecting this.
http://www.kyelateas.com/
http://www.darjeelingtea.net/

And then  for  the adventurous  ones , who are  not faint at heart  :   the
postfermented  earthtasting   "Pu-Ehr"   tea
http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/puerh1.html
http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/puerhtoucha.html
Be warned - it is unlike any other tea  -  and certainly is an aquired
taste; - but worth the effort.

Esben    ( sorry for deviating so much for the Paleo-topic)