From:
"~ Rainah ~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:25:22 -0500
Thanks Everybody for your response!

>>Have you tried herbal medicine? There
>> are a fair number of herbs that help
>> regulate hormones. Some
>> phytoestrogenic herbs that I know of
>> include dong quai and black cohosh
>> root.

As a matter of fact, I have used Dong Quai and have about 1/2lb of it,
it is seal a mealed in a cooler...and idea of the shelf life for
potency?  And I just purchased some Black cohosh root yesterday
(coincidence)

>>Apparently peony root enhances the
>> estrogenic effect of dong quai.
>>  Although herbs aren't really paleo if in
>> a tincture form (my preferred way of
>> taking herbs), they are if you prepare
>> them as infusions (tea), decoctions, or
>> powdered form.

Peony root, thats a new one for me I'll try it with the Dong Quai..I
always decoctions or infusions as it is easier but I would use a
tincture Paleo or not, can't see that it would be that big of a paleo
deal (LOL)

>>Personally, I found my hormonal
>> imbalance improved when I ate "low
>> carb" - mostly proteins and veggies.

What is the difference?  Paleo is "low carb" isn't it.  That is what I
eat Protien and veggies.

>>I don't see any further improvement on
>> the paleo diet but it's hard to tell; I
>> cheat a lot...  Cheers,

>>Cheyenne

What do you cheat with LOL And Why?

>>evening primrose oil capsules are
>> considered paleo, you might look into
>> that...

Hummm, I have some of those in te fridge, too... Looks like I have
everything I need right here in my kitchen<grin>

>> if you noticed something with soy that's
>> gone without it, my first bet would be
>> estrogen, and suggest reading up on
>> more paleo sources of estrogen... try
>> searching 'phytoestrogen' with a search
>> engine. Best wishes!
>>________________________________
_____________

That's a good Idea! I'll give it a go!

>>Ogen brand estrogen (prescription) is
>> made from extracts from the wild yam.

I tend to shy away from anything from a pharmacy, Mother nature always
does it better..

>>Other prescription estrogen (Premarin)
>> is extracted from mare urine-- what do
>> ya'llthink, would that be paleo? Don't
>> think so.
>>Julie

Eeuwwww!  Horse urine...I don't think so, mother nature or not!
<giggle>

>>How much meat do you eat (it can
>> contain plenty of niacin, I think).

I eat meat once or twice a day....not that much, I don't think...

>>Here's a thought - are you in ketosis?
>> Are possibly some physiological
>> processes that could contribute to hot
>> flash symptoms?
 >>James Crocker

I don't know..how do you find out? I know I have read on the list a
little bit about that but I would be interested in a place to read up on
it...it could very well be.  I'm real thin, not much body weight, I eat
as much fat as I can, and a lot of nuts and dried fruit as I can to try
toput on some weight but to no avail.  Any sugestions about that?

From the heart,
   ~ Rainah ~