Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:04:44 -0400
Elizabeth Beasley wrote:

> The only thing paleo that doesn't cause those problems is meat and
> fat. I can eat any type of meat, including pork, chicken, eggs, etc. I
> only use salt & pepper for seasoning, otherwise I get can reactions
> from seasonings. Sometimes I react to seasonings, other times I do
> not, so to play it safe, I stick to salt & pepper (I use sea salt).
>
> I would eat only meat and fat, except for I get horrible depression
> and lethargy eating only meat and fat. I've tried doing it three
> times, for 3 months each time, and didn't lose weight, and never got
> energy like others do.

Me too, except I use cultured butter to make up the needed % fat, and
grind my own because I no longer trust any butcher. Meat is usually
browned, egg yolks raw, butter and gelatin are all I eat lately. A few
sips of wine for the evening meal.

It took a lot more than three months for me to get over the lethargy;
never got the depression, I think because I eat raw.

William